The Department for Education has released a list of online educational resources for home schooling, please see the link below:
Dear Parents & Carers,
I have put together a list of useful websites that your children can use at home. These include games we play in class, and use in our IT lessons, as well as websites for extra ideas and resources. All links are free, either for all or after setting up a free user.
Every child recieved a Home Learning pack last week. Please encourage them to work through, completing a maths and English task each day. Nobody expects you to teach the full curriculum to your children, just ensure they keep practising and exploring skills we have been learning together. We do not want anyone to feel stressed or pressured in these uncertain times so keep it fun and do what you can each day.
I will keep this page updated with relevant resources and links. Please continue to read at home each day, and remember children are constantly learning. I have written down some simple ideas below of things that you and your children can do without the need for any resources.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further guidance.
Learning from Home
Due to the announcement that schools will be closed until further notice, please find resources below to help your children continue their learning from home.
Learning should include daily reading, maths activities and writing activities, as well as a range of cross-curricular and topic learning. However, children have activities they could carry out themselves (without any resources) such as:
- Practising their number bonds to 10, 20 and 100.
- Writing out their 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables (they could make a poster)
- Perfect perfection (copying out their favourite book to practise their handwriting).
- Watching Newsround and writing about one of the news stories.
- Reading a book and asking/ answering questions.
- Writing an alternative ending for your favourite book.
- Helping with the shopping and working out how much everything costs.
- Cook or bake something very simple together and write up the recipe / instructions.
- If you have any seeds plant something and keep a diary on it / do a daily drawing to track the growth. Otherwise, if you have any plants inside/outside (including herbs) keep a diary about how you can care for it over the coming weeks and the growth you see.
- Keep a diary and write a recount about each day (just a short description of the day).
Please check this page as I will update it regularly. I will link any websites or documents below:
Home Learning Activities via Classroomsecrets.co.uk
How to access Letter Join from home (log in details)
Rev. Numbers “I numeri”
1)Song: I Numeri “Learn Numbers from 1 to 10 in Italian”
2) Section 3 Interactive tasks n.1-2-3 https://www.education.vic.gov.au/languagesonline/italian/sect03/index.htm