HOLY TRINITY PRIMARY SCHOOL
(Dartmouth Road, London, SE23 3HZ)
The DPO for our school is: David Brockman, School Business Manager
The categories of pupil information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, unique pupil number and address)
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and free school meal eligibility)
- Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- Assessment information
- Relevant medical information
- Special educational needs information
- Exclusions / behavioural information
Why we collect and use this information
We use the pupil data:
- to support pupil learning
- to monitor and report on pupil progress
- to provide appropriate pastoral care
- to assess the quality of our services
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use pupil information under Article 6, (1) e) of the GDPR where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller and Article 9 (2) b) of the GDPR where special categories of data can be processed for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the data controller.
Collecting pupil information
Whilst the majority of pupil information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain pupil information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing pupil data
We hold pupil data for as long as the child attends our school.
Who we share pupil information with
We routinely share pupil information with:
- schools that the pupil’s attend after leaving us
- our local authority, London Borough of Lewisham
- the Department for Education (DfE)
- academy chains
- federations or Multi Academy Trusts (MATs)
- school nurse, NHS
Why we share pupil information
We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We share pupils’ data with the Department for Education (DfE) on a statutory basis. This data sharing underpins school funding and educational attainment policy and monitoring.
We are required to share information about our pupils with our local authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE) under section 3 of The Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013.
Data collection requirements:
To find out more about the data collection requirements placed on us by the Department for Education (for example; via the school census) go to https://www.gov.uk/education/data-collection-and-censuses-for-schools.
For your safety we record CCTV in the school grounds. Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the right to request access to footage of themselves. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact David Brockman, School Business Manager.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the right to request access to information about them that we hold . To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact David Brockman, School Business Manager.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
David Brockman, School Business Manager
0208 699 9023